It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
Florida Department of Health in Gilchrist County
119 NE 1st Street
Trenton, FL 32693
School Health Program
The school nurse is an important partner in ensuring that students are healthy and ready to learn. Each school has a health clinic and a full time school health aide available to provide first aid and administration of medication for your child. The Florida Department of Health in Gilchrist County has a team of registered nurses who are assigned to each school in our County.
All students in Gilchrist County schools including charter and church schools are eligible for basic school health services
- Hearing, vision and scoliosis screenings
- Height and weight measurements
- First Aid
- Medication administration
- Health education
- Head lice checks
- Review of students medical history
- Registered Nurse available for special health care needs of students
- Teen parent program
- Influenza vaccines with parent permission
- Health counseling and referrals for additional services
- Student immunization compliance
Connect with DOH